State law requires that a patient considering abortion must be notified of the following information 24 hours prior to the time of surgery.
- full medical explanation of the nature, benefits, risks and alternatives to the abortion procedure
- understanding that the patient may withdraw consent at any time prior to the performance of the procedure
- opportunity to speak with the physician who is to perform the abortion so that the physician may answer any questions that the patient may have and provide further information concerning the procedures and protocols
- the probable gestational age of the fetus (how many weeks pregnant) at the time the abortion is to be performed, confirmed by sonogram
- opportunity to review the printed materials provided from the Department of Health. If the patient has chosen to review such materials, this information was provided at least 24 hours before the abortion or mailed at least 72 hours before the abortion by the first class mail, or certified mail / restricted delivery
To receive your 24 Hour Consent Consultation, please click here to contact us.
- Do not eat or drink 8 hours prior to your arrival.
- Do not chew gum or suck on candy.
- All medications normally taken in the morning can be taken with a ½ cup of water.
If you are Diabetic:
- Diabetic patients are required to have first appointments in the morning.
- Do not take insulin or oral medication the morning of surgery.
- Take your blood glucose level in the morning and inform us of the results at the time of your appointment.
- Please bring in your insulin and diabetic medications.
Your care is very important to us. For complete instructions about your appointment, please click here to contact us. Or select
- Follow instructions for eating and drinking.
- Take a cleansing shower.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing and socks.
- Do not wear jewelry.
- Bring your photo ID & insurance card (if applicable).
- Bring any medications you are currently taking or should have in case of medical need such as an inhaler for asthma attacks or other medications.
- Bring your preferred form of payment from our Payment for Services List. Payment is expected before you leave.
- Come with someone, you trust, who will drive you home and help take care of you. You cannot drive until 24 hours after surgery. Please leave all valuables with your driver.
The staff at Women’s Health Clinic, Inc. encourages you to follow our patient instructions with diligence. Not following your patient instructions may cause your appointment to be rescheduled. If you have any questions about your instructions, please click here to contact us.